Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Who is Watching You?

I don’t know if it is because my last born is studying Psychology and I am soaking it up by osmosis but I seem to be analyzing things a lot more these days. Especially my latest beard! This is not my first beard by any means, but it probably is the first I have grown while working in the public domain of Retail Sales. All my other beards have been grown during Labouring type jobs.

So this is the first I have also grown on the job and I guess I am just surprised by all the comments that I am getting.

I have been getting comments and advice from people I have barely said two words to before. For instance do you know that if you want to stop a beard from itching, wash it in Shampoo and use a conditioner! I got this second hand, but it supposedly came from a big tough Biker. I must be using cheap shampoo as it had never worked for me in the past. Or now!

I lightly trimmed it a few weeks back. So lightly that my own family couldn’t notice the difference when challenged; but one lady did. Or at least one lady did and remarked on it.

This got me to thinking about other things we may be doing, thinking that no one has noticed or that no-one is watching, but they are. We may never hear of it but people are watching us and often, these are people we are hardly aware exist, but like the man mentioned above knew me both before and after the beard, these people are aware of us. And often influenced by us and our actions, whether we are aware of it or not.

So my question today is twofold. What are you doing that people are observing that needs to be changed? And what are you currently doing that you can improve and enlarge on, to positively help and influence others. As I said in a previous article, “Can one person change anything? Can You?” we are all change Agents. Either for good or bad!

Which are you? Better, which am I? Walter

No comments: