Sunday, March 11, 2007

Remember me.

My father passed away last year and after the funeral a lovely friend from Church gave us a Rose Bush, called, “Remember Me” in a plastic pot. Later I transplanted it out into a large Terracotta pot and it has grown nicely and has blossomed repeatedly. It is also in a spot where we walk past it almost every day, so we have no trouble remembering. Remembering both Dad and the lovely lady who gave it to us.

Now many people have objects or belongings of loved ones to remember them by, but have you ever considered giving a living reminder to a friend to remind them of a loved one? A plant or tree is something out on show for everyone to see and remember the beloved one by. Not that we really need something to remind us of them but it is a visual reminder to others.

Actually I don’t need another plant to remind me of dad, as I already have a few and every time I see a Daffodil I am reminded of his love for them and especially for “King Alfreds”.

However I think a personal living Memorial is a lovely idea to remember one by; both the loved one, the receiver and also the giver. So no moral today, just the question,” who will you give a living memorial to when the opportunity arrises?”

Both to remember and to be remembered. Walter

No comments: