Friday, March 30, 2007

Not Really New.

In “How do you say sorry?” I mentioned that I had received a blurb for a new Book. My son later corrected me by saying that it was in fact an old book that has been around for a while, but obviously is having a return run.

This comment bought three thoughts to my mind.

  1. Many new things are not new, just presented as such.
  2. As the Bible states there truly is nothing new under the sun.
  3. If you don’t know it, all things are new to you, no matter how old it is to someone else.

So with these thoughts in mind let me ask you;

1. What old things are you presenting as new, whether knowingly or as in my case, unknowingly?

2. As there is nothing new under the sun, we really have no excuse for not checking up on these ideas that come before us to see how they were assessed before, before presenting them again.

And finally; 3. If we find that an old thing is reliable, then it is not only good but right that we take every opportunity to present it anew to those around us in need of this new/old information and help.

Conversely, if it is not good, then we should definitely not pass it on and perhaps even consider speaking against it, if deemed beneficial in protecting others from its errors. If not let it quietly drop by the wayside. What say you? Walter

No comments: