Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Do You Just live Here Too?

In this “For Better or For Worse” comic Strip by Lynn Johnston, the Husband is batching and looking after their two small children while his wife is away. Here we see him rummaging through the cupboard, asking, “ Where does mom keep the spaghetti Michael?” Then he asks, “Where did mom put Lizzie’s clean Pants? “ And finally asking in exasperation, “How am I supposed to know where her bottle is?” Before adding, “I just live here...”
How many of us are like that Hey? Me? Well!!! I’m almost afraid to send this blog to anyone who knows me and especially my family, as I'm sure they will say that this lady was talking about me.
But seriously how many of us live or work in situations where we know little of what else is going on around us and if we ever have to step in or step up, we are completely out of our depth?
I am not suggesting here that we all start sticking our noses into other people’s jobs, but maybe, just maybe we can learn a little more about the simple things that go on around us.
Having said that I will probably not rush forward to work out either the DVD Recorder, or the Micro wave, in a hurry. What about you?

No comments: