Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Noisy Drink Fridge.

A little while back the cool drink fridge at the kiosk started to make a weird noise. I tried moving it and shaking it. I even gave it a couple of kicks. Yeah! I know. Real scientific mechanics hey? Anyway when all my scientific know-how failed, I did what I should have done in the first place. I rang up the owners of the fridge and a few days later their repairman came and cleaned, adjusted and whatever, to it and the noise evaporated. That was a Friday morning, but when I returned the following Monday the noise was back but not as bad. Anyway I, as soon as I got back to the main shop, reported it again.

That following Friday I opened the kiosk and the noise was not there but the motor was running loudly. Before I could ponder this, I had a customer who wanted a cold drink and so I put my hand in the fridge and grabbed what he asked for. I soon let it go again. It was not boiling but it was extremely hot. Instead of cooling, it was heating!

I did not have to report this, because shortly afterwards the repairman arrived to fix the earlier problem. He had a quick look and decided that it had to be taken away; to either be repaired off-sight or replaced with another one. He left saying he would be in touch with the result.

Later I started to wonder how many of us are like that fridge? We start to make noises that all is not well, but people don’t really listen or know how to apply the right treatment until things really get noisy and by then it is often too late. Sure like the fridge, things might go on for a little while more but things are often so bad that it all goes horribly wrong and we end up producing the opposite results to what is required of us. To those outside we may appear to be working okay but we are not.

And of course like my fridge, by then it is to late to be fixed and has to be replaced.

And like my fridge that took two weeks to replace, this can be time consuming costly and non- productive.

How’s your motor running? Does it need a check up and some on-going running repairs and maintenance? Or are you really A-okay? What say you? Walter

1 comment:

Lynx217 said...

To take a quote from a song, "I am wary, let me rest." I could use one day to not have to do anything, just to sit back and enjoy the quiet without worrying if the dishes are going to get done, the trash is going to get taken out, the cats' litter box is going to get cleaned, or the mail be checked. I just want one day to do NOTHING for anyone. I want to have everyone at MY beck and call for one day. But that can't happen. The dishes won't be clean, even if they're "washed", no matter how clean the box is, no one will scoop the box, and getting someone to take out the trash is next to impossible, especially on their way out in the morning! If I let them polish the wood dining room table, it'll look like crap. So I keep on, not like I can gripe too much. I just want a break. Oh well.