Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Good Jobs That Pay the Bills

Despite the fact that a lot of people end up doing jobs they hate just to pay the bills, there are some good jobs out there. The thing is to find them. One way is to find what it is that you are good at and then work at it.

Australia’s most famous cook and now one of Australia’s Living National Treasures, Margaret Fulton who published her first cook book in 1968, and now at 82 recently said, “And now I have had 26 books. The marvelous thing is, I’ve had such a good life doing it. It’s lovely to find you’re good at doing something and to be paid for doing it - it’s a dream”.

She has obviously found something that she was good at, and turned it into something more than a job or a way simply to pay the bills. We may never be like her, nor perhaps as successful as her, but we should all try to find what we are good at and see if we can turn that into a way of life as well as a bill paying occupation.

For the past few years I have been happy to just have a bill-paying job, but now I am in the process of leaving that and going back to something that I am happy to do out of love for the job and not for the money.

Yes it will pay my bills, and yes it will bring me more pressure and stresses, but it is something that I want to do, rather than have to do.

How are you going? Is your job just a bill payer, or is it something you are good at and love? What is your dream job? And what are you doing to achieve it? Over to you: Walter

No comments: