Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Just As Much Effort …

In an earlier article I mentioned that my back lawn was more grass than lawn and that because of the ongoing drought and continuing Water Restrictions forbidding watering lawns, I decided that even when the drought is over, with the future prospects of more of the same coming up, I would not go to the effort of a proper lawn out the back, and just put up with the green that comes naturally.

Well lately, we have had some very light showers and some heavy dew. (Oh how I wish it had of been the other way around!) Anyway, whatever form the moisture came in, it was enough to make what grass (& Weeds) there grow. So much so, that yesterday, I had to mow the lawn, even if it was very patchy.

At the end of my efforts I came to the conclusion that it didn’t really matter if it was a good Lawn or a bad one, it still took just as much effort to trim and keep it tidy.

So that’s my thought for today. As it takes as much time, effort and money to do a poor job as a good one, shouldn’t we do the best we can to start with, where practical?

As stated in the earlier article and implied above, it is not really feasibly viable to re sow my lawn from scratch, but what about you?

Are you about to start something new and are being tempted to take a short cut or two? If so remember my latest observation that it takes just as much time and effort and sometimes more money, to maintain a bad job as a good one, therefore it makes more sense to start off properly right from the beginning and get the full returns for your time and efforts.

As stated above it may not always be practical but where it is, make the most of it. After all as my Mother would say, "If a job is worth doing, it is worth doing well.”

What say you? Walter

No comments: