Sunday, May 13, 2007

Do You Think You Are Rude?

In my “Why are you Late” blog” I was looking for the reasons why people are usually regularly late for most events, but most replies I have had so far, have been from people who have expressed their opinion of people who are consistently late with out good reason.
Here is a typical response: “Hi Walter, I think there are many reasons for people being late but the one I think is most common is that they just plain don't care. Certainly it is a sign of bad manners, but it is equally true that it is a sign of not being brought up properly. I was always taught that to be late was to insult the person you were to meet and it has always stuck with me over my life. 
There will always be extenuating circumstances for some people to be late, but generally my opinion is that it is lack of manners most of the time.”
How do you feel about that? Do you realize that many people think you rude for persistently turning up late with no good reason or acceptable excuse? Is that really your intention? Or have you simply not thought of the other person’s feelings? Or is it true as stated above and you “just plain don’t care”? Again, what say you? Walter

No comments: