Thursday, January 10, 2008

Weather Swap? No thank you! Change? Yes!

My American Blogger friend Lynx and I exchange e-mails from time to time, and lately the main topic has been about our respective weather. It seems that her part of America is going through another cold spell and we here in Victoria, Australia, are going through another heat wave. Today, as I post this, it is predicted that today and tomorrow will both be 41Celsius! (Far too hot for me!!!!!!!!!!

I did at an earlier stage, ask her to send us some of their extra rain over there, and lately also some of their cooler weather.

She replied, “I’ll trade you ANYDAY... cold hurts!” To which I replied, “I'm not sure I would totally swap but I would quite happily agree to a mix of the two and accepting the common medium of the two.”

What about you? Sometimes when we are up against something and looking for a change we are tempted to go to extreme extremes aren’t we? Maybe I am the only one here but I don’t think so! Do you? Yes often we tend to go from one extreme to the other in the things we do, and often end up little better off, if not indeed worse than we were! And I am not talking about the weather here! Often we are so desperate for change that we make it rushed, unwisely and often foolishly, when in fact what we need to do, is to find a comfortable situation somewhere in the middle.

With the weather, (apart from migrating to a more suitable place,) there is little we can do. But often in our lives, we do have more say, yet still often tend to go to extremes instead of searching for the middle ground don’t we?

What about you now? Are you looking for a change? Well change can be good and beneficial, just be careful in making your choice and don’t fall for one extreme or the other but seek the happy medium, when the choice is up to you. What say you?

No comments: