Saturday, January 26, 2008

Second Opinions often Help.

The other day I needed to go to our Kids place to borrow a Drill while they were not home. So I e-mailed them all at work asking if there was anything they wanted while I was there, half expecting a certain result. Which I got from my first-born! (See Safety Restraints.)

However I got one from my son that I wasn’t expecting. They are in the process of re-painting the inside of the house and he had just repainted the joining wall in the lounge Dining Room area and wanted my opinion if the last coat was sufficient on the one wall which had previously been a light blue. He was wondering if the Blue was still coming through or whether that was just his imagination.

Well when I saw it I too decided that that wall at least needed a second coat as I too could see the blue coming through.

Some times we just do need a second opinion because sometimes we are just too close to things to see them in their true colours. (Pardon the unintended Pun!)

Sometimes we will need to do further work on things, but on others it will be fine, and is just that we are too picky and actually seeing things that no one else can or ever will see.

So if in doubt about something, always seek a second opinion from someone whose opinion you do trust and from someone who should actually know about the subject in question. Again, what say you? Walter

No comments: