Monday, April 2, 2007

A Real Scary Thought.

Recently I greeted one of my regulars at work as usual. Unlike the American lass in “Blown Away despite having Done Little To Deserve it,” he is one I have given more than a little schlock to over the past month or so .He returned the greeting and said something very scary.

He said, “You are a very friendly guy”. Actually that wasn’t really scary, but what he followed it with was, “There should be more like you”.

Now that is scary! More "Me’s" around!

Now, without trying to either blow my own trumpet or sound too modest, I have to ask, what it is that I have done to have him think that.

That is probably a good question to ask even if he had said he wanted me to drop dead too, I guess.

I think that when ever somebody says something, good or bad, we should always ask ourselves, why did they say/think that?

Firstly to see if it is true or not; and secondly to see whether we can either improve or if bad, change our behaviour.

In my case, I really don’t think I am being over humble when I say I really haven’t done anything unusual or special to warrant that comment. So I ask why does the little that I do resound so well with this new friend of mine. A person I see for less than a minute a day, when I see him?

Am I really that nice? Or is everyone else just plain Nasty? I would really like to knew the answer to that as the responses I have been getting lately for doing nothing out of the ordinary that I can tell, is really scaring me. I really don’t thing I am doing anything different to most, so why am I getting such a positive response? Is it really a ”Dog eat dog” world out there and I am missing it? Please let me know the answer: Walter

No comments: