Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Is being Busy Good?

Recently in reply to my “Motivation “article I received the following reply.

“Hi, Walter; This reminds me of the other day when I went to the doctor. I said to him, "I may be into too many things. I stay so busy." He said, "No, keep on about it. If you are busy now, you will continue to be busy. If you sit down and do nothing, you will continue to do nothing".

This is very good advice my Friend’s Doctor gave, but do we follow it? Do you? I must admit that I struggle with it. I don’t know about you, but when I have little to do and all day to do it in, I find that I struggle to even do the little I have to do because I tend to put it off to later. You know when it is a bit hotter (or cooler). Or, when it is a bit drier (or wetter). And so on, the excuses seem to be endless.

However when I have a lot to do, I tend to do things straight away and, surprise, surprise I find that although time is short I get a lot more done and feel the better for having done so.

What about you? Are you like my friend and busy now? Or are you simply like me on my off days and busy doing nothing?

So to answer my own question above about, “Is being Busy good?” The answer is yes, so get out there and get busy doing something useful. Find something that motivates you. Whether it helps you or simply someone in your community is immaterial, just get out and get busy and keep living healthier. Walter

No comments: