Friday, April 13, 2007

Motivation.

Recently I wasn’t feeling all that bright and wondered what I should do. Should I take some medication; or maybe some vitamins; or perhaps go back to bed; either that or watch TV all day; and a host of other similar unhelpful things to fill in the time, as well as being no-brainers to do. As well as all this I also had plenty to do in the garden but couldn’t find the motivation to start.

Not liking any of the available options, I decided to go for a walk instead and take our daughters dogs with me.

What a great idea! I came back fully revitalized, although somewhat tired having gone further than originally intended and from having to hold them back in their enthusiasm, most of the time.

What about you? Are you feeling a little down or depressed? Well take a tip from me, and find someone, dogs or people, or even just get out there by yourself if necessary, and just walk around your neighbourhood and enjoy the day and the scenery. Don’t turn to unnatural and unhelpful aides but get outside and enjoy the natural things of this life.

I am not saying to ignore medical help if it is properly recommended and required, but if you yourself feel that you need self medication, then find some motivation and get out their and enjoy the Fresh air and natural beauty that God has provided for all of us. Over to you: Walter

No comments: