Friday, July 15, 2011

Do you have Jujitsu?

Please note that I didn’t ask if you know Jujitsu, but rather if you have Jujitsu.
Yes Jujitsu is another of those words whose secondary meaning has over time, became in most people’s minds the priority meaning.
However, according to the “Word of the Day for Thursday, June 23, 2011, jujitsu originally meant: “The ability to accomplish a task with no apparent effort or resistance.”
And only later became the “Method developed in Japan of defending oneself without the use of weapons by using the strength and weight of an adversary to disable him.”
So again I ask do you have Jujitsu: that is “the ability to accomplish a task with no apparent effort or resistance.” I don’t. Of course I like to put that down to old age creeping up on me, but being completely honest, fluidity of movement was never my strong point. What about you now?

No comments: