Friday, February 6, 2009

I’m Not Dumb.

This is another Bill Watterson quote that I can resonate with. ”I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.” Do you feel the same way too? Not dumb, just that the information that you have, and sometimes, vast information too, is just not relevant to the circles you flow in?
So what can we do when we find ourselves in this situation? I can think of at least 3 options.
1. Remain silent and only speak on those subjects that everyone either knows or wants to know.
2. Speak up and share what you know, whether people wish to hear it or not, and think you are Dumb or worse, arrogant.
3. Or: Learn more about more relevant and important matters.
After all if you are smart enough to learn “thoroughly useless information”, then you are smart enough to learn thoroughly useful information too. Even if you have to go back to school, or in my case Bible collage, and get a degree of some sort that will help you in life. Don’t give up or settle for less, even if you are 35 like I was, when I went “back to School” so to speak.
Do not settle for having a command of thoroughly useless information, when you can also have a command of thoroughly useful information too.

No comments: