Monday, October 29, 2007

Who’s Attitude Problem?

Recently saw a young lady with a slogan on her Tee shirt that took my fancy. I don’t agree with the sentiment but loved the audacity of it

It said, "Some people think I have an attitude problem. Those people are stupid.”

Does that sum up your attitude too? Do you see any and every problem you have as being the cause and fault of others? Do you automatically reject everything that you don’t agree with, rather than analyse it first to see if there is any truth in their statements.

Whilst there is also the danger that we can go to far the other way and see ourselves as the cause of all problems when we are not, I feel it is wrong to reject all criticism with out thinking about it first.

I don’t accept all criticism at face value but I do assess it all, and then make a decision. A decision whether to take some, or all on board, or to reject all of it. Analysing criticism helps to keep you on the straight and narrow, whilst also helping you to see where other people are coming from.

I am not saying that you should go out seeking criticism, but nor should you reject it out of hand either. Analyse it first before making any decision what to do with it. What say you?

No comments: