Thursday, October 18, 2007

Are You Making Sausages?

Recently I have been very busy with a whole host of things that had to be done basically there and then. So much so that I really didn’t have time to put out a daily blog. I don’t have to, but I had earlier decided to restrict my output to that, at a time when I had plenty up my sleeve. Lately I have used them up and although I have ideas for over half a dozen floating around in my head, I haven’t had time to isolate them and put them down in print.

So if you don’t find something from me everyday, it is not because I have run out of things to say, just the time to separate my thoughts from real life, and put them on file. Which is what happened lately, and may happen again. Maybe more than once too!

The other day when I realized that I didn’t have one for that day and really didn’t have the time to do one to my satisfaction. I did think of jotting something down, just to make my self-imposed quota, but resisted the urge just to churn them out like sausages,

I basically started writing these articles for fun, family and relaxation, and the blog site was an after thought. I enjoy writing these items but I don’t wish them to consume my life.

So what about you? Has your work or hobby become an obligation rather than a release? Something that was once fun but now a burden?

Are you staring to lessen the quality of your work, just to keep up the quantity? To the point that it seems that you are just churning out sausages.

Don’t get me wrong, I love sausages, just not all the time that is. There is a time and a place for sausages. The question is, “Do you know that time and place, or have you already become a sausage maker? And maybe not even a good one at that, and now you need to learn how to relax again. And even to prioritize what is really important over what is urgent! I did! What about you now? Over to you: Walter

No comments: