Thursday, October 25, 2007

Reply To A Question.

Recently I received the following comment on my Blog site. “I note from your profile you ask...Do you really know where you stand before Jesus Christ? What do you mean by that?”

I don’t normally post “religious items” on my blog site, but as I was asked the question once, I thought others might also be interested in my response and so I will this, one time, share a ‘religious” item with you. So here is my response to the question.

As to the question on my blog site, “Do you really know where you stand before Jesus Christ?”
I guess that that comes out of my time as both a Missionary and a Pastor. I have found that in talking to people, many claim to “Know” Jesus Christ, but when you talk to them, you find that they have a different picture of Christ than what the Bible has.

There are some weird and wonderful ideas out in the world about who or what Jesus is/was and what their relationship to Him should/could be.

Whereas the Bible says that not only is Jesus the Son of God who came as a Perfect sacrifice to pay the penalty of Mankind’s sins and to restore redeemed mankind into relationship with God, (John’s Gospel Chapter3 Verse 16.) but that He is the only way. (John’s Gospel Chapter 14 Verse 6.) And that we are to live a new life empowered by the Holy Spirit. (Book of Romans Chapter 7 Verse 4.) And if we don’t live this life then we are not standing saved before Christ as Romans Chapter 8 verses 5 to 9 say.

I hope that I haven’t come across too preachy here, but what I meant in my question was, not so much are you saved and born again, which is the ideal, but do you just know if you stand redeemed before God through Jesus Christ, or whether you know that you are not one of God’s Children. (Romans 8 verses 12-17.)

Again I don’t wish to come across too preachy here, but as a Bible believing Christian, I feel it is important that people know where they stand before God, and not remain ignorant, even if they still wish to reject God and Eternal Salvation.

If you have any further questions, I will be happy to try and answer them, and hopefully not come across too heavy. Take care there. Walter

No comments: