Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Why Will You Be remembered?

Received a reply to my last blog on “Dave Dee”, which read: “ Hi Walter, I'm not much of a fan of 'pop' music but I am old enough to remember the name of the group because it was so quirky.”
Now my first thought was, “That is about right, as their music really wasn’t that different to most of the music of that era.” Most of which, along with the singers/groups, have been long forgotten. All accept the very worst, the very best, or, as in this case, the very Quirky?
Which led me to wonder how any of us will be remembered in 40 years or so, and why? Will it be for being very bad, or Quirky? Or for being very good, even if only being very good, at being very nice?
So, How do you think you will be remembered in 40 or so years?

No comments: