Thursday, January 29, 2009

How To Be Truly Happy.

Was just reading My Collins desktop calendar for today (Jan 29th 2009) and saw that it quoted an Unknown Author as saying, “The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.”
How true that has been in my life. I first became attracted to knowing more about God through people who believed in him but who had much more problems in life than I had, but were also obviously so much happier than I was at the time, although I had nothing to complain about materially or financially. Since then I checked out the whole God thing and finally came to realise that it was true and gave my life to Christ, some nearly 30 years ago. (Will be on Dec.1st this year!)
In that intervening time I have also seen a lot of people with far more that I had, yet obviously far less happy with it. Anyway I don’t with to turn this into a Christian sermon on you, but I would like to encourage you with the thoughts of this unknown author, to just really look at all that you do have and then to gratefully make the best of that and have a great and happy life.

No comments: