Monday, September 24, 2007

Nice House in a quirky way.

As part of our new job, we needed to move to a house of our own, after nearly 5 years of boarding with our kids in their home. Shortly after we did so, our son who is an Architectural Draftsman came over one night just before he left on his 3-week holiday, to help me with a couple of things. He has his own views on things but doesn’t normally volunteer these views unless asked, so you know that he is genuine when he comes out with comments of his own unprovoked.

Being architecturally minded he had a good look over the house. I can’t quite remember his exact quote, but it was something like, “It is a very nice house in a quirky way.” I thought the quirky comment was interesting for as I pointed out to him, many of the houses that we have lived in, particularly in South Africa, were quirky.

Having given it some thought however, I do have to agree that the new place does have its quirks but so do all of us. There is always something different about things, homes, or even people that we have to take recognition of and decide whether this quirkiness, is quaint or queer.

What about your own quirkiness? Do others see it as quaint and something desirable or unique? Or do they see your Quirks as queer, and to be avoided where possible and endured when not? Likewise in your turn, do you accept the quirkiness of others as being what makes them unique, or do you think that it just makes them queer? Over to you for comment: Walter

2 comments:

Lynx217 said...

my cousins' nickname for my Mom was "crazy lady" (I won't say mine *sigh*) quirkyness is sometimes a good thing as it shows you're unique!

Walter parker said...

Lynx you nailed it in one. Couldn't have said it better myself and the main point of the blog.