Sunday, September 23, 2007

Free and Easy Down the Road I Go.

There is an American Country Singer big at the moment called Dierks Bentley and he has a song getting a lot of airplay on The Country Music Channel. It is called, “Free and easy down the road I Go.” I have absolutely no idea what other words there are in the song, but all that I seem to hear and remember is the chorus.

Is a bit banal and repetitious, but it does some up how I am feeling these days. My life at present is free and easy but hasn’t always been so. In the past I have taken things rather serious and considered every job and every home that we have had, as the last and have often been shocked when things have not worked out the way expected and we have been forced to move on Job wise at least.

But these days I am much more relaxed about things and with this new job have even indicated my own time limit on the position, so if things don’t work out, or if either party feel it is time to part ways, I will be able to do it free and easy this time.

In the past I have sought to win people’s approval but have never been able to satisfy certain people and now I have come to the conclusion that I never will, no matter what I do. And secondly, I now don’t need their approval. I have it from others if not them, and I have it from myself and I have it from God. So I don’t need from them what I will never get from them!

What about you? Have you been spending your life trying to please the wrong People, instead of just trying to do your best anyway?

There are just some people in life you will never please no matter how hard you try and so you just need to do your best regardless. I once met a man, who as a lad got 92% in his Final Music exam, only to have his father ask, “What happened to the other 8%?”

By all means try for the whole 100% if you can, but be satisfied with the 92 % or even 85% or even less, if that is the best you can do at the time. Always plan and aim for your best, even if it is not the best according to someone else’s standards.

As long as you have given your best, be satisfied with that and go “free and easy down the road”. Don’t let someone else’s hang-ups become yours, nor let their standards stifle or dictate your goals and aspirations in life.

It is your life, so take it free and easy as down the road you go, always giving your best regardless of the approval of the unimportant. Walter

No comments: