Saturday, September 1, 2007

Colonnade Beach.

Down on Philip Island just along from Cape Woolami is an area of Beach called Forrest Caves, and just a little further on from there is another beach called Colonnade Beach.

When I went there to inspect this Colonnade area I was at first a little disappointed as I walked along the beach.

At first I was at a loss to see what all the fuss was about? Not really being into rocks, it looked kind of ordinary to me. However I kept on walking along the beach back in the direction towards Forrest Caves Beach. As I went further along the beach I saw the real Colonnades. Much more impressive and worth the extra effort in walking. Had I given up earlier I would have missed the real thing, simply because I didn’t know any better.

This led me to wonder how much in our lives, how much “good stuff’ do we miss simple because we make a judgement on first appearances and don’t journey on far enough to see the real thing?

Thus it helps if we really know what we are looking for or at, before we start or that we have expert help along to guide us so that we don’t accept the first thing we see and assume that it is “the real thing”. Put another way I couldn’t help wondering how many false images I have accepted into my life in the past, simple because I didn’t know or take the time to seek the real thing? How about you? I hope that you are more discerning than me! Walter

No comments: