Friday, August 24, 2007

What Sort Of Mark Are You Leaving?

Hi, how has your week been? Here it has been busy, busy, busy. Although having said that, I haven’ actually achieved a lot this week that would prove that. That of course doesn’t mean it wasn’t busy, just that what I did was visually fleeting, as is a lot of what all of us do, isn’t it? This doesn’t mean that the results themselves will not last, just the visual effects or reminders won’t. Should that really bother us? I don’t really think so, do you? Just as long as we leave a positive influence on the world around us, even if we can’t leave our own permeant mark to record our presence.

I think it is important that we all leave behind a good impression of our having been here, but I don’t think it really needs to be an indelible or defacing mark to prove it, do you?

I’m sure all of us have seen signs painted on Rocks and things, saying that so & so passed here with a date. Haven’t we? Personally I think the people who do that, are in fact, real “So & So’s”, but that is not my point here.

I feel that type of pointless, destructive mark, is not the type of mark I would like to leave. How about you? What sort of mark would you like to leave behind, compared to the Mark that you are currently leaving? And what would you have to do to bridge the difference? Knowing that, would you really make the change? Would you? Would you really? Every blessing to you if you do! Walter

No comments: