Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cape Woolami Walking Tracks.

Whilst staying at Philip Island recently I went for a walk one windy morning along the walking tracks around Cape Woolami Point on the Island. There are about 5 kms of official tracks to walk around in various combinations or selections. I had plenty of time and supposed that I would probable never come back there to walk them again, as they are not that spectacular (apart from the sea view). So having decided that If I didn’t do walk them all then, I probably never would, I went on them all, including the longest one which, at one point, actually goes along the water’s edge at low tide.

I found the entry path to the water’s edge all right, but didn’t see the exit point and ended up walking another 2 or 3 kms, right out of the Park and into the nearby adjoining housing development. So I had to either backtrack or find my way back to and along the entry road. Taking the latter choice, I was nearly back to where I parked the car, when I saw the end of the track that I should have come back on. So after a short rest in the car, I went along this track to the beach, just to see why I missed the exit point earlier.

Well when I reached what should have been the exit /entry point at the Beach I realized why I didn’t see it from the beach. I didn’t see it because it wasn’t there anymore. It had eroded away and instead of an easy entry path to the beach, there was a shear 2-metre drop to the beach. Completely un-accessible and completely obscured to all from the beach!

Even though it was winter, we were there the week after the school Holidays, so one would have thought that they would have at least checked out all the paths and signs before hand, wouldn’t you? As it was, this problem only caused me minor inconvenience, as I had nothing else to do then, and all day to do it in, so the extra distance travelled, and time involved was no real problem, (except to tired leg muscles!). That Time, but what about on other occasions? What if time was short, or if a life depended on the path being where it was supposed to be and accessible?

What about the paths in your Life? Are they as clear as they can be? Do you check to see that they are still workable for those who copy and follow you, to use? Or is your life, instead of being a shining example to others, actually leading them down a false or dead end Path?

Will your life, if followed by your closest friends and family, leave them stranded and confused on a lonely beach? It is no matter that the beach is pretty now; if high tide is coming in to cover it all is there?

Again, what sort of track is your life-path to others? One to be followed, or one to be avoided? Over to you again, Walter

No comments: