Monday, February 19, 2007

Vitamins.

Over the past 20 years or so my health has not always been that great during the winter months and people were always suggesting that I should take some extra vitamins, whether vitamin C or simply Multi Vitamins, or some special Tonic or such. I always did from time to time but never felt that they did any good but always finished the bottle or container in the belief that although they never seemed to do any good, I figured that they couldn’t hurt either.

Although it may have only been in the mind that they didn’t work and not so in reality, I don’t know, but a couple of years ago I was feeling down a bit and so tried some Centrum Multi vitamins. Again it may only have been in my head but I immediately felt a little better when I started taking them, and even when the container ran out bought more and kept on them. Only this time I bought Centrum 50 +. As much as for the fact that they were the only ones I could find at that time, as the fact that I was and still am, 50 +.!

Anyway they worked just as well and I kept on them and developed a routine of when getting up every morning and having my breakfast in a certain chair, I kept the Container nearby in plain view so that I never forgot them. Well seldomly anyway.

This worked fine until just before I went on Holidays just before Christmas. Up to then I had exclusive use of that chair but around then someone decided that that chair and its adjacent bright light was better for her and her needle work and so I lost out again! Anyway between that and going on holidays I got out of the routine of regularly taking my Vitamins. Eventually I did use up the container and as it was summer and I was feeling okay, I decided not to buy any more. Big mistake! A month back at work and I was again feeling flat and so bought some more Centrum 50 + and started taking them regularly again. This meant developing another routine, one that although not as convenient as the previous routine works as effectively, and I am once again feeling better for it.

I think many people today suffer a vitamin deficiency, whether it be with actual Vitamins or some other necessity. For many Christians it is a deficiency of the Vitamin of daily Bible Reading. For some others it is a deficiency of time spent with their spouses or Children or both. For others it may be the lack of exercise and sunshine. For others again it may be actual Vitamins themselves that they are lacking.

What is your “Vitamin” Deficiency? What are you lacking and missing out on? What can you, and what will you do, to make up some of that deficiency? What routine will you need to establish to bring this about? Are you prepared to make that effort for your own health’s sake?

Over to you: Walter

No comments: