Friday, February 22, 2008

Super Nanny Jo Frost on Communication.

Right at the outset I have to admit that I am not a great fan of her show but still one can’t help but acknowledge the sense behind a lot of her ideas. They are not “rocket science” or anything like that. Just plain common sense.

Although I don’t watch her show much, I was reading an interview in the paper the other day, with her. Among other things, she said that “Communication and decisiveness are crucial to good parenting.” Not only would I agree with her there, but would also say those two attributes would also be crucial in Business and in life in general.

We need to be both able to communicate our ideas to others and thus draw them on board, but also to give decisive leadership and direction, if we wish to see things completed.

I have seen many good ideas and plans fail simply because there was no direction or leadership in bringing them about.

Equally as important as firm leadership is, there also has to be sensible leadership as well. It is as equally useless to say follow me and go no-where, as it is to say follow me and to walk into a blank wall!

So how are you at communicating with others? Both those above and below you, as well as those at your level?

Until we learn to communicate effectively and efficiently, we will never really achieve much at all will we?

No comments: