Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Agapanthus Story Response.

Recently I posted a blog about Agapanthus, called, “Which Agapanthus Story Do You Like Best & Why?”, where I asked you which version of the same story your preferred. I had done this because I had submitted the first version to the main paper here for publication in their Letters column and they printed the edited version. Now I didn’t particularly like the heavily edited version myself but was wondering what the majority of others thought, so I put it out to you all for your responses.

Evidently the majority didn’t care for either version that much, as I only received two responses. One in favour of each version. Which really didn’t help me much except to make me realise that I have to depend on and write, that which I am happiest with.

What about you? Are you still like I just was, and trying to please everyone and anyone else, but yourself?

It is right and proper to seek advice and even to heed that advice when you are not sure, but where you are sure and know what you want to do, then you need to apply yourself to that task and do what you want to do, to the best of your ability and talent, even if you are the only one who really acknowledges it, because there will always be others who will like it but for various reasons never acknowledge it. So as long as it is not illegal or immoral or hurtful to others, do your best in what you want to do and not worry about the applause (Or in a lot of cases, the lack of it?)

That is what I intend to do with my whole life from now on in and not just with my writing. As Long as I am happy with what I am doing and I am walking in God’s path for me, I am not going to worry (well not too much!) about whether it is good enough for anyone else. What about you? Will you not join me in going through life with that same attitude?

No comments: